At Elastacloud, we’ve been building data stacks for amazing companies for years. We choose the best technologies that fit our ethos of elasticity, focus, agility and economy in the cloud.
A key emergent trend in our customer is the notion of a wide data stack.
- Data acquisition is the role of the data stack and the data stack much pull data into a pipeline, not respond as a push. Where eventing approaches are taken, the event source invokes an endpoint that the data stack owns.
- Data is free to migrate between media in the stack, whilst being controlled by the overall data governance process.
- Compute is applied over Data with great fluidity and flexibility. To support this, the wider stack supports execution in a family of compute environment and languages; from Hadoop to USQL to R.
To achieve this at Elastacloud we have a runbook;
- Everyone has to be a polymath; from ML to BI
- Data has to be governed
- Access to data has to be controlled but free
To find out more; firstname.lastname@example.org